Apr 16, 2006

Easter Service

Today is one of my favorite holidays! Easter because we celebrate the Resurrection of our RISEN Lord. I kept hearing on the radio over the weekend that if Jesus didn't really rise from the dead that Christianity is nothing. HOW TRUE! My other favorite holiday is Christmas.

I got up this morning and made the breakfast casserole that I signed up to take to church for the brunch they have every year. I was told that last year they fed over 500 people. WOW! I took the juice and casserole to church at 9am. Then came home and finished getting the kids ready (with Terrilyn and Delsa's help of course! How great that they help!) Then the kids and I went to church, while Steve went to help a friend do some things.

At church we ate some of the great brunch. SEVERAL kinds of egg and meat and cheese casseroles, with all kinds of fruit and muffins, donuts, etc. They even had a chocolate fountain with all kinds of things to put it on. Like strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, cinnamon bears, teady grahams, etc. I heard it was pretty popular! In an hour they went through 5 lbs of chocolate!

After church we came home and had lunch. My dad came in the afternoon and we had a little egg hunt for the kids. Steve and my Dad hid plastic eggs full of candy around the yard. I think my step-mom had more fun than the kids did! We took a video of it and I took a lot of pictures. I haven't uploaded them to an album YET!

The girls (yes, all 3) went to my dad's for the week. It was Spring Break here, but Stevie had school all week. I kept him home so he could go. I know, HOW MEAN!

No comments: