Jan 10, 2006

Sunday January 08, 2006

Here are the words to a song we sang on Sunday that really spoke to me.


Lord Have Mercy

Steve Merkel


Jesus I've forgotten the words that You have spoken

Promises that burned within my heart

Have now grown dim
With a doubting heart I follow

The paths of earthly wisdom

Forgive me for my unbelief, renew the fire again


Lord have mercy; Christ have mercy

Love have mercy on me

Lord have mercy; Christ have mercy

Lord have mercy on me


I have built an altar where I worship things of man

I have taken journeys

That have drawn me far from You

Now I am returning to Your mercies ever flowing

Pardon my transgressions, help me love You again


I have longed to know You

And all Your tender mercies

Like a river of forgiveness ever flowing without end

So I bow my heart before

YouIn the goodness of Your presence

Your grace forever shining like a beacon in the night


c 2000 Integrity's Hosanna! Music

No comments: