Jan 10, 2006

Terrilyn's Poems


Here is the poem that Terrilyn will have published in a book called A Celebration of Young Poets. Here is a web site http://www.poeticpower.com/ If anyone wants more info please contact me.



Why Did You Do This?


Terrilyn Romero 10th Grade

Why did you leave us?


Did you really have to go?


Did you not love us, did you not know?

How much I would miss you, how much I cared?


From all the pain I felt is nothing compared,

To the pain I feel now, sixteen years later.


Crying inside, slowly dying, waiting for you to be my savior.

Wondering why you've ignored us, why you've never cared.


Why all the time I was so scared.

Now I have someone new, someone to love me.


Someone who can always see.

Who loved me enough to take me in, as one of their own.


To love me enough to give me a home.














Here is another poem that Terrilyn wrote this year.







I Wonder Why


Terrilyn Romero 2005

I wonder why the sky is blue,


Why the clouds are gray.


Why do birds fly.


And why are rabbits prey?

I wonder why the world is as it is,


And why there's killing


And pain and torture.


Why does blood come spilling.

Why we shoot, and why we lie.


Why we kill, and why we die.


Why we judge against the color of skin,


Why can't we just see what's within.

No comments: