May 7, 2006

Mowing the Lawn

Yesterday I mowed the lawns. We don't have a very big yard, just about .16 of an acre, and of course the house takes up a little bit of the land. But the yard is bigger than A LOT of the homes now a days. Or is it just that our home is smaller than a lot of homes? LOL However it goes, I did it! Usually Steve makes the girls do it, or he just mows it himself. Last week I read somewhere that mowing the lawn for 1/2 hour burns 200 calories. That's pretty good in my book as I don't get a whole lot of exercise. I know, 'You are a mom of 4 kids, 2 of which happen to be under 5, how can you NOT get a lof of exercise?!?' LOL well, it is easy if you are like me and HATE to do anything!

Any how, I mowed the lawn yesterday(first time in about 2 or 3 years)! It took me about an hour to an hour and a half to do it all, pick up the dog poo, mow and clean up the sidewalks after (so if i do it over 2 days each week, there I only have to exercise 2 or 3 more times each week, right?). It felt pretty good, too. After it was all said and done I realized I had 2 blisters on my hand. Of course, after not mowing the lawn or doing any real labor with my hands (I rarely even weed my flower beds!), I should have some blisters, right? LOL Well, it isn't the fact that I got some blisters, the funny part is WHERE I got some blisters! On the BACK of my fingers. Yep! Little blisters popped up on the first knuckle of both my tall and ring fingers of my left hand! I couldn't figure it out... How did I get them on the BACK of my hand? Well, then I figured that it must have been because I was making a fist while holding onto the handle of the mower and my thumb rubbed the backs of my fingers. LOL

Ok, Just wanted to fill in a blog entry and this was all I could think to say! So now I will say goodnight!

God Bless!

No comments: